Register now to receive these FREE recordings and to be notified about our next
#MeToo Dialogues summit:
- Welcome Message from series host Tonya Pinkins
- The #MeToo Movement Begins with Tarana Burke
- How to Build a Successful Social Movement from the Bottom Up with Eve Ensler
Featured Speakers: (click photo to learn more)
The #MeToo movement has ignited a revolution…
Starting with Tarana Burke’s powerful call for survivor-sisterhood in 2006, to Alyssa Milano’s tweet that sparked a global conversation, to a continuing wave of women and men standing up, speaking out, and unifying their voices to say #MeToo, #EnoughIsEnough, #TimesUp, #EndSexualViolence, and more…
It is critical that we continue to step forward and to share our stories.
Yet, we’re also ready to move beyond a message and a movement — to lasting social change.
As we continue to co-create safe spaces where we can express ourselves, and as we continue to heal, we are called to take action and advocate on behalf of those still suffering in silence.
The future of our shared humanity requires that we dismantle the structures that have allowed oppression, bias, and inequality to persist — not to mention the predatory behavior, sexual violence, and rape culture that continue.
We are urged to march, to write our representatives, to campaign for change, and to raise awareness in every area of our lives.
We are invited into deeper community with each other and our global family...
To take the next step toward BEING the change, we at The Shift Network have created an incredible event for you — powerful dialogues with deeply inspiring people — who reveal how they moved from surviving to thriving to taking inspired action and more.
You’ll witness our host — acclaimed actress, author, rape counselor, and educator Tonya Pinkins™ — as she talks openly and intimately with more than 30 women and men — including Tarana Burke, Eve Ensler, Alicia Garza, Rosanna Arquette, Marisa Tomei, Michael Beckwith, MJ Rodriguez, Sara Ramirez, Lili Bernard, Kim Sykes, Lauren White, and more — who share their powerful stories of healing, brave acts of breaking silence, and what’s next for the #MeToo movement.
Sign up for the #MeToo Dialogues — at no charge — here:
Here are just a few of the highlights from our #MeToo Dialogues:
Tarana Burke, who authored the #MeToo hashtag, talks with Tonya about how the movement began and how you can get involved... and take empowered action against sexual violence.
Eve Ensler, creatrix of The Vagina Monologues, discusses the growing movement of women reclaiming their bodies and their lives. Eve suggests ways for you to help make the world safer for women and girls.
Rosanna Arquette and Dr. Astrid Heger take a deep look into into issues transgender people face, and how the Alexis Arquette Family Foundation — co-founded by Rosanna and Dr. Heger — are helping the most vulnerable and sex-trafficked children.
Marisa Tomei, who’s been immersed in the entertainment industry for decades, offers an insider’s perspective on the #TimesUp and #TimesUpNow movement. She and Tonya address sexual coercion in the industry and how it affects women’s ability to work in entertainment.
Michael Bernard Beckwith speaks to the obligation we each have to discover our gifts and use them to serve the world — and he illuminates how the #MeToo movement is teaching men to be protectors, and addressing the need to heal the perpetrator.
MJ Rodriguez brings her experience as a transgender woman to a lively conversation about the shape transgender issues have taken in our world today.
Sara Ramirez and Alicia Garza gather with Tonya to discuss the most dangerous obstacles to victims of violence — sexual and otherwise — focusing particularly on challenges regarding race, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Lili Bernard shares her experience of sexual violence at the hands of Bill Cosby while working on the Cosby Show, and how she continues to heal, make art, and encourage other women to speak out against perpetrators.
Our incredible lineup includes sessions that address stories of child abuse, sexual violence, and human trafficking, as well as how YOU can take inspired action through innovative solutions, the arts, and grassroots activism.
PLUS… You’ll find resources to help you find your voice, reveal your story, and begin your healing journey.
During this groundbreaking series, you’ll discover:
- Perspectives that you won’t often hear on mainstream media... from people living with — & actively healing from — histories of trauma from sexual violence
- How the #MeToo movement began & how you can get involved in taking action against sexual violence
- Healing practices surrounding women’s sexuality that you can use, as necessary
- What it takes to build a successful social movement & create positive social change
- Unique internal challenges for people with gender nonconforming identities
- What you can do to help make the world safer for women & girls
- What empowered transfeminism looks like
- What the more “voiceless” members of our society are doing to change the culture around sexual violence
- Bodywork techniques you can do on yourself that can help you re-regulate & heal the trauma of childhood molestation
- The importance of silence-breakers to change the way the government treats sexual violence
- Why empowering young women holds the greatest hope for healing our culture
- Strategies for making the world safer for transgender & gender nonconforming people
It’s time to passionately engage in bringing healing to your community... and lasting change to our world. We know this change is possible!
Sign up for The #MeToo Dialogues :